DE HAVILLAND MARTON CASE STUDY

If everything seemed accurate and in place at Marton, I would have to go with them and let the Source Selection Board know my decision. If everything went as planned and the financials at Marton looked to be in order, I would start monitoring by having conference calls or visits to the Marton shop by someone from our office every two weeks when they were working on our orders. This could potentially also cause delays for our company if they Marton and Boeing have a closer working relationship then we currently do. Your email address will not be published. Page 4 Recommendation and Implementation ……………………………………… Page 5 Monitor and Control ………………………………………………………………… Page 6 Conclusion…………………………………………………………………………………Page 6 Issue Identification It has been decided that I would like to award the bid to Marton but there are some issues that come with this decision. Marton submitted invoices on billing material and unit cost break downs, which makes one wonder what they are hiding. If everything looks in order, de Havilland will terminate the Dollard Plastics contract and start one with Marton, and if the financials are not in order, de Haviland will continue out the contract with Dollar Plastics and start a new five year with DAS Composites.

Competitive problems could also be an issue when large companies like Boeing are consuming shop and man hours. Environmental and Root Cause Analysis:. This could potentially also cause delays for our company if they Marton and Boeing have a closer working relationship then we currently do. One would think this would be enough time to make a decision, but this is a big company dealing with another big company. They came in with the lowest bid, which can be either a tactic just to get business and they hike their prices later, or they actually are that good at what they do. If everything went as planned and the financials at Marton looked to be in order, I would start monitoring by having conference calls or visits to the Marton shop by someone from our office every two weeks when they were working on our orders.

Looking at the information we do have for analysis, cwse are going to maintain the same amount of staff for the next five years regardless of how much work they bring into their shops, which appears to be on the rise. Schedules could potentially slip if they are not focused on the product or have too many work orders on the go. De Havilland is trying to lower costs and get a five year fixed rate contract with the winning company in order to eliminate constant contract negotiations.

  FRANCESCA DEGLI ESPINOSA THESIS

Green Man & French Horn – Essays

The recommendation is to go with Marton and do a full audit of their facility and financials. The financials of Devon were looked as since they are the parent company of Marton and are publicly traded.

We had to make a decision quickly and even though the decision would have penalized us in the end with our Dollard Plastics contract, we would be saving much more money by going with Marton.

One of the issues with this process is that De Havilland has lost some of the control in the bid process since Marton as put a time limit on the decision of days. Competitive problems could also be an issue when large companies like Boeing are consuming shop and man hours.

Environmental and Root Cause Analysis: This leaves little time to negotiate with the other two lower companies even if we wanted to.

Environmental and Root Cause Analysis:. The decision has been made to go with Marton because of their lower prices and we will be able to see their financials when we do a site visit to their facility.

This would eliminate constant negotiations cass our part and the vendors part and we like the idea of having a firm fixed contract in place. Your email address will not be published.

de havilland marton case study

The problems that could arise from doing the deal with Marton are that since they are such a large organization, our product might not be a priority as much as it would to a company. If everything seemed accurate and in place at Marton, I would have to go with them and let the Source Selection Board know my decision.

De Havilland And Marton Case Study

If everything looks in order, de Havilland will terminate the Dollard Plastics contract and start one with Marton, and if the financials are not in order, de Haviland will continue out the contract with Dollar Plastics and start a new five year with DAS Composites. My recommendation is to go with Matron on a few conditions. Decisions rarely happen quickly. They came in with the lowest bid, which can be either a tactic just to get business and they hike their prices later, or they actually are that good at what they do.

  DISSERTATION DRUCKEN B5

We want fixed pricing for five years, which is what Marton is offering. If everything went as planned and the financials at Marton looked to be in order, I would start monitoring by having conference calls or visits to the Marton shop by someone from our office every two weeks shudy they were working on our orders. Conclusion…………………………………………………………………………………Page 6 Issue Identification It has been decided martoon I would like to award the bid to Marton but there are some issues that come with this decision.

This makes me worry about slippage of deliveries and or work fatigue, safety and possible manufacturing errors to do overworking the staff.

de havilland marton case study

One would think this would be enough time to make a decision, but this is a big company dealing with another big company. Marton submitted invoices on billing material and unit cost break downs, which makes one wonder what they are hiding.

This is shown by the increase in labor hours on Exhibit 6. Page 4 Recommendation and Implementation ……………………………………… Page 5 Monitor and Control ………………………………………………………………… Page 6 Conclusion…………………………………………………………………………………Page 6 Issue Identification It stjdy been decided that I would like to award the bid to Marton but there are some issues that come with this decision.

De Havilland is focused on lowering our costs as we are clearly over paying for the flap shrouds and bay doors, we are also looking to move to a smaller base of vendors to permit haavilland firm to capture economies mmarton scale.

This makes it difficult for De Havilland to be able to negotiate with the other companies that came in slightly higher than Marton. This could potentially also cause delays for our company if they Marton and Boeing have a closer working relationship then we currently do. There is also an issue with why Marton has given a day acceptance period.

de havilland marton case study